This cake may look nice, but it doesn’t seem so pretty when it resembles your face.
I need to re-think my make up, all of it, I’m having a crisis, a summer make up melt down..literally!
I am a bit prone to shiny skin but this is getting ridiculous. I wear a primer, MAC foundation and powder and all the other usual bits, but the base is my problem. After a bit of time in the sun I can see the make up on my skin. It looks cakey, I don’t look polished. It maybe the increase in temperature causing my base make up to feel so thick. Like I want to run home and remove this grubby layer from my skin.
I think it’s time for a summer make up over haul. I need to sort it and need to sort it soon.
Has anyone else had this trouble?
An extremely panicked, Louise. Xxx
I love getting to know other bloggers and always find these quick fire questions so entertaining to read. I’ve been nominated by katwilson04 and Ryane Zamora Beauty. Check out their blogs everyone! So I’ll answer both of their sets of questions then nominate 10 more people!!
So here’s Kat’s questions & my answers..
1. What cartoon character would you be and why?
Probably Bart Simpson because I’m like to cause mischief.
2. One item of clothing you couldn’t live without?
Probably jeans, they’re an easy staple to build upon. Multi seasonal and day and night wear. A versatile favourite.
3. What made you start blogging?
I’m doing an enterprise project as one of my university modules and was really interested in blogging as it has got so popular so thought I’d write my own blog on something I’m passionate about.
4. What’s the best question you’ve ever been asked and why and what was your response?
Probably not the best question (or response) -maybe most memorable… when I was little, when everyone was asked what they wanted to be when they were grown up and all the other kids would reply ‘doctor’ or ‘teacher’, I would announce that I wanted to be a stripper (much to my parents delight).
5. If you could be part of a band/music group, who would you choose and why?
One Direction, I could replace Zayn and have loads of fun being the only girl member.
6. What’s your favourite recipe, and where did you get it from?
I’m a bit of a bad cook but I make this peanut noodles which is really good, I ate it in China and made my own version!
7. If you could move to live in another place or country, where would it be and why?
LA! The weather look to be always good there, I have some great friends there and it just sounds so glam..I’m from LA, California. And I would roller blade everywhere because that’s what they do in films isn’t it?!
8. What one thing would you change about the world permanently and why?
I would get rid of really bad illnesses and make people happy.
9. Favourite animal
Monkey. I was born in the year of the monkey and always get called a cheeky monkey. I love how they’re so human like and naughty.
10. Favourite perfume/fragrance
I have so many but probably Miss Dior. So girly!
11. If you could give one tip or One bit of advice to a person, what would it be?
I’m always telling people to chill out and not take things too seriously, if I’m worried about something I tell myself this and 9 time out of 10 it makes me feel better!
On to Ryane questions, followed by my answers…
1. What do you do when you’re stressed?
Clean. So i still feel productive I have massive cleaning sprees, my house mates love it if I have an essay due in because the house is spotless!
2. What is one product that you just can’t live without?
Probably moisturiser. Very standard but dry skin feels and looks horrible.
3. What is on your feet right now?
Nothing, I’m still in my pyjamas!
4. Look to your right, what do you see?
5. Favorite lipstick and color?
I haven’t really experimented too much with lipstick brands. I like Maybelline and Kate Moss matte Rimmel one’s and you cant beat a great nude colour to wear everyday. At the moment I use a Rimmel one called Asia which is a darker nude and I love it!
6. Who is your celebrity style inspiration?
Olivia Palermo. She never looks bad and I love how she accessorises. I would never think to put together most of the stuff she does. She is a fashion genius and I want her wardrobe!
7. Celebrity makeup inspiration?
Kim K always looks flawless.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
I love a crime documentary and nearly every reality TV programme you can find. Chocolate fingers are also very dangerous for me.
9. Do you make weird faces when you put on mascara?
10. What are you looking forward to?
Finishing my dissertation and university and going on holiday this summer!
11. The majority of your clothes are what colour?
Probably darks at the moment as it’s been so cold for so long.
I now nominate the following bloggers:
1. Monair Thith
10. whimsy writer
Here’s my questions for you:
1. Who would you like to play you in a film?
2. What is your pet peeve?
3. Favourite blog article you’ve read in the past few days?
4. What do you wish you was better at?
5. Best holiday you’ve been on?
6. What is your dream job?
7. One beauty product you could easily live without?
8. What city would you most like to live in?
9. One app on your smart phone you can’t live without?
10. Three words to describe you…
11. Tell me a secret!
How exciting… I’ve been nominated by the lovely Ksahag2 at Style Me Original for the creative blogger award. Check out her blog it has loads of great reviews and How to’s!
1. Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
3. Nominate 10 other blogs and post their links
4. Notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
5. Pass these rules on to them
1. I was such a fussy easter I didn’t try a McDonald’s breakfast until I was 18 (I know I’d been missing out).
2. I’m now an adventurous eater and have tried various insects and pigeon!
3. I’m a massive geek and love maths.
4. I had a bit of a weird crush on Andrew Llyod Webber once…
5. I used to live in China.
10 BLOGS I NOMINATE ARE:
Check out all of these great blogs!
MAC Duo Fibre Face Brush…My secret weapon for flawless foundation application.
Otherwise known as the skunk brush, this comes in three different sizes. I have the small version which is perfectly big enough! I have tried sponges and other foundation brushes with a flat head previous to this MAC brush but this is by far my favourite and I noticed such a difference.
The key in using this brush is circular motions! I put a small amount of foundation on my hand then dip the brush in foundation and progressively cover my face using circular motions.
Using this brush to apply my foundation makes me pores much less visible and therefore makes me skin look airbrushed! I absolutely love this brush and would recommend it to anyone in need of a great foundation brush. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
It’s £28 for the small one (which isn’t that small) and I have had mine for over 2 years and still shows no sign of dwindling!
I was reading an article on justjaybeauty.com about a starter kit for make up newbies and thought what a great idea! Often I do people’s make up and they are asking me about all the products I’m using so they can re-create the look by themselves. For a beginner it may be hard to get to grips with every product and every brush so this seems like the perfect way to help!!
I do tend to think every single product I use is an absolute staple so I will try to cut it down as much as possible!
1. I would always advise a great primer or moisturiser – it makes make up stay on longer and make your skin feel great. I recommend MAC prep and prime!
2. Foundation & concealer – I use both MAC studio fix but depending on how much coverage you like I know that Maybelline BB cream is a great alternative to someone who doesn’t want a heavy layer of foundation.
3. Blusher – blusher just makes you look more alive and is so easy to apply. I think it’s easy to find a great blusher as well. I have tried most brands and never found one that I was really disappointed in. It just about finding a great colour for your skin.
4. Brows – I cannot get enough of Benefit brow zing, I know there is a lot of cheaper versions available now which I plan to try to see if they are as good as Benefit but no matter what your brows are like, a little definition always enhances your over-all make up look.
Eyes – I would recommend a light brown eye shadow to add depth to the eyelid. You can pick up a cheap one for about £2. A pencil eyeliner is much easier to work with as you don’t have to be as precise and these are also so cheap! Finally, a mascara! I always think you should look at your eye type before buying a mascara. I have big eyes so love big bristly brush, whereas my mum has small eyes with shorter lashes so I always recommend her getting a skinnier, plastic brush so she can be more precise.
Tools – for a starter kit I would recommend a foundation brush (love MAC duo fibre brush), blusher brush (MAC contour angled brush) and an eyeshadow brush (MAC eyeshadow brush) which is the perfect size for all eye lids!!
Hope this is helpful to any make up beginners!